Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Make Someone's Hands Smile This WInter!

Knit a pair of mittens! If you need some pattern-type inspiration, go here...If you need the name of an organization that would love to receive your knitted mitties, go here...This brand new pair of mittens will be going to the group connected to the link above, the Pine Ridge Reservation in Pine Ridge, South Dakota.




Yarn: Red Heart Acrylic in "Banana Berry Print"


Needles: Size 7 U.S. (4.5 mm)



The two poorest counties in the United States are on this reservation, where the average yearly income is $6,000. That's right. $6,000. So when I tell you they need any help you can give them, I mean ANY! If you would like to send ME the mitties, or hats, or scarves, email me and I will give you my address. I send a few boxes there a year, and I have one heading out the 2nd week in December, so there's still time! You can make a kid-sized pair in one evening!


Not only can you do some good in the wider world, you can whip up a few pairs in one weekend and have FABULOUS stocking stuffers or grab bag gifts ready to go! No get out there and KNIT! Oh dear! I shouldn't yell, I might wake the kitty...



All together now: Awwwwwwww!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a few (kid's size) hats that I made without a place to send them... I'd be happy to donate them.
Email me at coneryka AT jmu DOT edu

Anonymous said...

Just did Kathleen - thank you SO much - you made my day!