Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day, Part II

I woke up this morning to find a gift in my email inbox from Emma & Jay - a gift certificate to Yarn Market! They sell absolutely scrummy yarns from scads of famous designers, and I go there regularly to drool. Today, I got to go there and shop! I bought 2 skeins of Tofutsies yarn (a blend of soysilk left over from the tofu making process, chitan, made from shrimp & crabshells, as well as cotton and wool) and a Berrocco pattern book I'd been coveting.


First, here are the two colours of Tofutsies:
This is #735, "Twinkle Toes"


This is #854. No cute name for this one.


Here's the Pattern booklet, Berrocco's #273, "NaturLin":




I bought it because I like all of the patterns in it, but this one in particular:


It's called "Salem". The booklet has a good mix of knit and crochet designs, and household patterns as well as clothing patterns.

All in all, a wonderful shopping trip. Thank you so much, Emma & Jay - I love you!
MOING!

1 comment:

Emma said...

Glad you liked it, momma! Happy mother's day!