Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New FO & Fiber Fest Loot

I recently finished a stole for my internist. She's been terrific with my bipolar meds, and I wanted to do something to thank her. She saw this yarn in my bag and loved it, so I decided to make a stole with it for her. The pattern is the basic Prayer Shawl Ministry pattern, and the ends are finished with crocheted Strawberry Lace, from Doris Chan's All Shawl.

Here's the finished stole:


Details:
Pattern: Prayer Shawl Ministry's Basic Shawl Pattern.
Edging: Doris Chan's Strawberry Lace from her All Shawl Pattern.
Yarn: Red Heart acrylic yarn, color #318, "Watercolor".
Needles/Hook: Size 13 U.S., Size "K" hook.


Here is a close up of the Strawberry Lace edging:



This past Saturday, Dan and I went to the New York Sheep & Wool festival. It was great but verrrry crowded! Dan fulfilled one of my longest fiber wishes: to own a Golding spindle. They are the Cadillac of spindles, and grogeous to look at AND to spin! Here is a pic of the spindle on top of some hand spun, hand dyed wool I picked up at the fest as well:


And here is the Golding with some yummy raspberry colored mystery fiber:


A big thanks to my hetero lifemate Dan for the prezzies!

No comments: