Monday, September 17, 2007

Okey Dokey, Back to the Fiber Stuff!

My knitting/crochet/spinning output has been pretty low lately. This is mostly due to the excruciating pain of the shingles, fibromyalgia, the general mlaise of CFIDS....yadda, yadda, yadda. I've also been on a few geocaching expeditions, and have been trying to get more involved with the skeptic/atheist communities.

I have managed to make a few things, and am in the midst of a few more things even as I speak. Here are a few piccies of my current WIP (Works In Progress):

A crochet shawl for myself, for a change!


Pattern: All Season Shawl by Patricia Hewitt.
Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun in "Quartz"
Hook: U.S. "N" (10 mm)

On the needles, there is an adult size Peas & Carrots slipper:


Pattern: Peas & Carrots Pattern, this blog, posting of 9/7/07
Yarn: Red Heart Acrylic in Orange & Lime
Needles: U.S. 9 (5.5 mm)

Also on the needles, a dressy stole for my mother in law:


Pattern: My own. (If there's interest, I'll post it!)
Yarn: Lion Brand Incredible (A nylon ribbon) in "Accent on Black"
Needles: Size 15 (10 mm)

And finally, a finished afghan strip, also knitted. This is strip one of 3:





And a slightly more detailed view:

Pattern: The Envelope Afghan (Coming soon!)
Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun in "Rococo"
Needles: Size 13 U.S. (9 mm)

Not shown here is a shot of my current "sock on the side"...most people who know me also know that I have lots of projects going at once, but always have a little sock on the side, for the knitting equivalent of a quickie...can't really call them a one night stand though - you kind of have to make two!

No comments: