Sunday, November 18, 2007

Holiday Madness!

Yes, I admit it. I am THE most dippy-for-Christmas/Yule/Solstice person on the face of the earth. I started festooning (my weird term for holiday decorating) the day after Halloween this year - I normally force myself to wait until the day after Thanksgiving (Formally known as Festoonment Day to my family) but this year, I needed a lift, so, I festooned!

I am working on some poinsettia coasters in plastic canvas, and finished the first one yesterday:



I also finished a neat ornament yesterday. It's also plastic canvas, and although it looks like some weird European soccer ball, it's still very sparkly and cool:


One Side Done ~*~*~*~Both Sides Done


Last but certainly not least, my hetero life mate Dan has an enviable talent for arranging greenery and flowers, so HE did the big wreath over the sofa:




AND the wreath for the front door:

(There's a matching wreath for the craft room door, too!)

I think we're about done, aside from the coasters. Keep in mind I still have two or three Christmas gifts to finish knitting! Told you I was dippy for Christmas!

No comments: