Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sock it to me!

Ok, not very original, I know. Just some photos of my socks that I started on my birthday last week. First up, the Pepto-Bismol pink Bell Lace socks:


I decided it looked odd to have the lace abruptly stop and then have a band of stockinette, as the pattern called for. So I am continuing the lace down the instep, and I also omitted the 6 rounds of stockinette before the heel flap is started.



I will also be making a round toe instead of the pointy grafted one the pattern calls for as I loathe grafting, and think that the round toe is more anatomically "correct" and definitely more comfortable!


Here's a close up of the heel/gusset:


And here's the Kroy Socks pattern sock:


It’s been fascinating to see how the print works up! I didn’t even notice that band of fuscia until I looked at the photo…The only negative so far is that it’s plain ol’ stockinette on size 2s - Zzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: