Sunday, April 13, 2008

A new house shawl

I started a new house shawl yesterday, and as I wanted something very quick but still good looking, I chose an old stand by - the All Season(s) Shawl from Priscilla Hewitt's site. (The "s" is in brackets because that's how it should read, but it's not what she named it, and I'm anal about stuff like that.)


I used 1 strand of Red Heart Super Saver Ombre in "Blueberry Pie" (Colour #0943)

and a size "N" (10 mm) hook - as I said, I wanted it quick. The border was also worked with 1 strand, but with a size "K" (6.5 mm) hook. I've never liked the border as written, so I made up my own:


At the end of last row, ch 3 turn. Work 3 dc in same sp. *sc in next 3 sts, 5 dc in next st. Rep from * evenly around shawl, working (3dc ch1) 3X in bottom tip. End by working one more dc in beg shell, sl st in top of beg ch 3 to join. Fasten off, weave in any ends.


I finished it at about 2 this afternoon and was very pleased with the outcome! Here are some pics:





And a closeup of the tip:




And finally, your moment of cuteness, courtesy of HRH The Duke of York:




No comments: